I was hoping to have an epic update today saying how well the blanket was coming and how it was starting to look like a blanket. Unfortunately, I have once again underestimated the time it takes to make these blocks.
I have finished making the tedious and time consuming striped blocks. Now I have moved on to the last type of block I will be including in my blanket.
As you can see from the image, I haven’t gotten very far at all with it. The good news is I only need four more blocks to complete the blanket. Then the sewing will begin. I’m so excited.
I haven’t done enough work on this block to comment on the pattern, except to note that the stitching isn’t consistent around the color change section (as evident in the photo). I’m not sure if this is due to a flaw in my technique, or if it is something that will become less apparent as the block gets formed. Hopefully it is the later.