For today’s project I made a preemie hat. I found the project pattern on the Care Wear Volunteers website. This website is really awesome, I recommend that everyone check it out. Its got all kinds of cute patterns as well as a list of hospitals seeking hand made donations.
This was the first crochet beanie I had made that the pattern was worked in rows instead of rounds. Reading the pattern confused me at first, I thought that it was going to be much smaller than it actually turned out being.
The pattern called for the use of hooks E and F. I don’t have an E hook, so I used F and G instead. There wasn’t a finished size listed, but I don’t think that the hook substitution made too much of a sizing difference.
I did have some issues with the counting of the pattern. I couldn’t get my decrease rows to match the number of stitches in the pattern. I’m thinking that I may have made a mistake in counting one of the rows and decreased too many. The beanie didn’t come out too horribly misshapen, so I guess I was lucky. I plan on making a few more to see if I can get these rows right.
My beanie donation box is starting to get full, it’ll be time for a trip to the hospital soon!