In the past, I’ve always sewed my blocks together. This time, I’ve decided to crochet the blocks together, creating a sort of mixed media project. Each block is joined by a row of single crochet through two blocks.
Because the blocks are knitted, I’m having some difficulty keeping the crocheting consistent. There aren’t nice V’s to guide my hook into. While there is some of a pattern in the knitted blocks, the pattern changes in the blocks created from different patterns.
So far, I’ve put together enough blocks to create a seven by two strip. The final blanket is seven by nine, so I have a ways to go.
Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion of this saga and to see pretty final project pictures.