I figured I would make a strip to go around the nose cone, but that leaves the bottom portion.
At first, I decided I would make a square and just sew it into the strip that goes around it. However, once I got about half way through making the square, I realized that it would not only be really difficult to shape properly, but it would be really bulky in areas.
I decided to go with a circle instead. I used double point needles and took a wild guess about how many stitches to cast on. I also worked this section in a stocking knit stitch. After getting part way through, I was happy to find that my random guess about circumference wasn’t too much bigger than what I had in my head. I think I’m starting to get good at this whole pattern writing thing.