In keeping with my recent interest in book crafts, I feel in love with this Vintage Book Travel Tech Organizer posted on Design Sponge, and decided that it was something I absolutely had to do. (Be sure to click the link for instructions on how she created her project).
In creating my version of the project, I decided to skip out on using rubberized fabric, but instead used cotton fabric to give it more color, plus the text speak fabric was just begging to be used in this kind of project.
Creating the elastic pattern was kinda fun, but it got tricky towards the bottom, as the elastic decided it wanted to take the fabric along with it.
Here are a few more progress photos just for fun.
I learned a few lessons from my last book project. I wanted to make sure that everything was attached well, so I used modge podge to attach the fabric to a poster board base, and while the modge podge was drying, I hand stitched the two together. It worked much better than last time in which I let the modge podge dry before the stitching. I also put electrical tape around the edges. It was mostly to keep the edges of the elastic from peeking out, but I decided to line the entire thing to make it look uniform. It had the added bonus of hiding my ugly stitching.