Blanket of Doom

Welcome to Doom


Leave a comment

Tabby Tam

My sister has been bugging me for a few weeks to make her this tam hat. Now that I’m back from my interview and less stressed, I decided to oblige.

Pictured here is my second attempt at starting the hat. Initially I misread the pattern and casted on too few stitches. Several hours later, I realized the mistake and had to pull the whole thing out.

I casted on again, and began anew. A few hours after this picture was taken I had finished the increasing stitches, and was just about to begin the cables, when I realized that there was no way that this was going to fit around my sister’s head.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me, which makes me wonder what is going on. The beanies I make typically turn out the right size, but it appears that I’m having trouble with the more complicated patterns. I have a few theories: 1. By random happenstance, I have picked out two patterns with typos in theĀ gauging, 2. I’m knitting the pattern tighter than the gauge swatch, or 3. I just know people with huge heads.

Now I’m off to pull out this attempt and begin a third on a bigger needle size.

Advertisements